Looking for weekly marriage counseling?
A weekend intensive might work better.
The Advantages of Marriage Counseling Intensives Over Weekly Counseling
Marriage Counseling Intensives
- On an intensive, you can progress more rapidly than in weekly counseling. We’ll do 15 to 20 hours of highly focused sessions over three or four days for maximal impact.
- You can quickly experience substantial healing from your pain.
- A marriage counseling intensive can give you the traction you need to get unstuck and moving in the right direction.
- On an intensive you can be proactive and address urgent issues in a comprehensive way rather than in bits and pieces.
- The sessions are close together, so you won’t lose ground. You won’t have to keep reminding yourself where you left off at the end of the previous session.
- Because marriage counseling intensives are usually much more efficient than weekly marriage counseling, you can save both time and money.
- Making time for a single weekend may be much more convenient for you, a far more manageable alternative to the weekly time commitment.
Weekly Marriage Counseling
- Meeting once a week for one hour can work fine for many couples, but if you’re in significant distress, it might take way too long for you to heal. Your pain could drag on.
- If you’re rapidly heading toward divorce, weekly marriage counseling might move too slowly to prevent it.
- Weekly counseling often is simply not adequate for addressing complex problems, which can require more focus.
- The time between sessions can result in repetitive arguments. When meeting only weekly, you can easily slide backwards.
- Weekly marriage counseling is usually less efficient than a marriage counseling intensive. You’ll probably put in more hours and spend more money.
- Committing to a regular weekly time on your schedule can be difficult, especially if you are very busy or travel a lot. The result can be increased stress on your relationship.
For reasons like these, my marriage counseling weekend intensives are in high demand, especially by couples who are at the breaking point. The bottom line is my intensives work. That’s why so many couples are doing them.